That’s all I can say when it comes to these Red Velvet Oreo Cookie cake bites. This treat is so good its hard to stop with just one. Trust me, I have tried many times, along with the friends I have made this for
Up here in Toronto, Canada every summer we have something called the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) which is a giant carnival that runs for 3 weeks. Part of the CNE includes some crazy innovative foods. Some of which are good and some not so much. This year I tried a deep fried Oreo cookie in red velvet. It sounded amazing but tasted not so great. So I have been thinking how to make a version of the deep fried Oreo cookie better and came up with the following recipe.
I love Red Velvet cake, Oreo cookies and white chocolate. Combine the three and voila!
I made the recipe super easy and simple. The whole thing can be created in about 30 minutes. We will use Betty Crocker’s Red Velvet cake mix. Follow the instructions on the back of the box to create the red velvet batter.
Using a spoon pour some batter into a buttered cupcake tray about a 1/4 inch deep. Then put a Oreo cookie in each cupcake tray. Next we will pour some more batter to cover the Oreo Cookie. Do not pour too much batter as it will become a cupcake at that point. We want just enough to make it into mini bite sizes. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Once they are baked take them out of the oven and let them cool. Now melt the white chocolate and just put little dabs on top of each Red Velvet Oreo bite. When everything has cooled nicely these bites are ready to be served. The Red Velvet Oreo cakes bites are perfect for the holidays or any occasion. Try the recipe out and let me know how you like them. Enjoy!
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Betty Crocker Red Velvet Cupcake mix
- Oreo Cookies
- White Choclate
- Use Betty Crocker's Red Velvet cake mix. Follow the instructions on the back of the box to create the red velvet batter.
- Using a spoon pour some batter into a buttered cupcake tray about a ¼ inch.
- Put a Oreo cookie in each cupcake tray.
- Pour some more batter to cover the Oreo Cookie. Do not pour too much batter as it will become a cupcake at that point. We want just enough to make it into mini bite sizes.
- Bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Let the cake bites cool for 5 mins.
- Melt the white chocolate and put about ½ teaspoon white chocolate in the center of every cake bite.
- Let the Red Velvet Oreo Cake bites cool, then serve when ready.