Oh my….. This french toast is divine!
Writing this post while looking at these images, makes my mouth water. This is a unique take on the classic french toast and can be had for breakfast or dessert. I usually make it once in a while for Sunday breakfast. The best part of the recipe is that it’s quite fast and simple to make.
I wouldn’t recommend eating this every weekend as it is a bit rich in calories and sugar. I love sweets and desserts and sometimes I think it’s the main meal. I know I am not alone on this. You might think this might blow my diet, but trust me it won’t. As of today I now weigh 198lbs and that’s a new weight I haven’t been at in over 20 years. I was incredibly happy with my progress, I went out to celebrate :). So put away any guilt and dive into this amazing recipe which you will love!
Grab some thick slice of bread, nutella, banana, eggs, milk, cream, vanilla extract and a can of condensed milk.
Mix the the eggs, milk, cream and vanilla extract together in a bowl. I used a fork to beat and mix all the ingredients together. Once everything is mixed you can set the bowl aside. Grab 2 slices of bread and spread nutella on each slice. Cut a banana into thin slices then use about 1/4 of the banana slices and lay it on top of the nutella spread.
Now you’re ready for the french toast part of this recipe. Put the 2 slices of bread together and make a nutella banana sandwich. Heat up the skillet with a bit of butter on it. Dip the sandwich in the bowl of french toast mix. Soak both sides of the bread quickly. Do not let it soak too much as it will make the bread soggy. Put the bread on the skillet and let it toast. Turn it and do the same for the other side until both sides are nice golden brown. Once both sides are done gently try and toast all 4 sides of the bread carefully.
Plate the nutella french toast and then drizzle some condensed milk on top to your desired liking. Some might want the french toast to swim in the condensed milk while others might want a little drizzle on top. Now enjoy this divine delight and let me know what you think about it below in the comments.
- 8 Thick slices of white bread
- 8 Tablespoon Nutella
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 4 Tablespoon Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 Large Eggs
- ¼ cup 2% Milk
- ¼ cup 18% Table Cream
- ⅛ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Mix the Eggs, Milk, Table Cream and Vanilla extract in a bowl and beat them together using a hand mixer or a fork.
- Grab 2 slices of bread and spread Nutella on each slice.
- Cut a banana into thin slices then use about ¼ of the banana slices and lay it on top of the Nutella spread.
- Put the 2 Nutella slices together to create a Nutella banana sandwich.
- Put ½ a tablespoon butter on a skillet and turn the heat to medium. Let the butter all melt and spread out.
- Quickly soak the Nutella sandwich in the french toast mix to fully coat both sides of the bread. Do not let it soak too much as it will make the bread too soggy in the end.
- Put the sandwich on the heated skillet and let the bread toast for about 1 min.
- Turn the bread over and toast the other side. Ensure the side that was toasted is a nice dark golden brown in color. If not fully toasted turn over again and toast.
- Once both sides are toasted, carefully toast all 4 sides of the bread using your hand and a spatula.
- Set the Nutella banana french toast on a plate and drizzle 1 tablespoon of condensed milk on top of the french toast. Feel free to add more or less to your liking. Enjoy!